Liste des sites de la Campagne de Caen

cliquez ici pour consulter l'album photographique Colombelles
(canton of Cabourg, Calvados)

Church of Saint-Martin

    Originally located in a rural environment, the church of St Martin in Colombelles dates from the mid 12th century. The tower over the choir was re-built in the 13th century. The walls of the nave - which was never vaulted - have a series of blind arcades with round headed arches on the inside, which are replaced in some cases with pointed arches on the outside. At the west, a large round-headed doorway, without a tympanum, is decorated with geometrical motifs. A secondary doorway on the north side, now walled up, also has capitals and geometrical decoration.

Bibliography

- Caumont, Arcisse (de). - Statistique monumentale du Calvados, Hardel, Caen, 1859, p. 458 460
- Musset, Lucien. - Normandie romane, Zodiaque, La Pierre-qui-Vire, 1987, T. 1, p. 32