In 1006 the church was given to the Abbey of Fécamp by Duke Richard II.
Its south aisle disappeared in the 19th century, and the western part of the nave, which was rebuilt in the 16th century, was shortened in 1695, but the two main remaining elements, built in courses of small stones with large joints, date back to the last quarter of the 11th century: the choir with an unadorned apsed east end, and, above all, the tower topped with a halo cross. The tower is small and austere, but of very high quality, ranking alongside the likes of St Étienne in Caen. Its elegance stems from the a design in which each of the five stages is slightly offset from the one below, and there is an increasing degree of ornamentation, and increasing number of openings the higher up the tower one goes. All these features combine to create a very discernible vertical momentum.
- Dictionnaire des églises de France, Belgique,
Luxembourg, Suisse, IVB, Normandie, Paris, 1968, p. 2 (notice de M. Baudot)
- Musset, Lucien. - Normandie romane, 2. Haute-Normandie, La Pierre-qui-Vire, 1974, p. 23