The church of Saint-Gervais seems to have been a place of burial outside the walls for the first bishops of Rouen. This neo-Romanesque building does retain a pre-Romanesque crypt which was re-worked at the beginning of the 11th century and an apse with five overhanging sections, which has been badly damaged and dates from 1030-1040. The latter is subdivided by column buttresses terminated by capitals.
- Baylé, Maylis (dir.), L’architecture normande au Moyen-Age, éditions Charles Corlet, Condé-sur-Noireau, Presses universitaires de Caen, Caen, 1997, 2 vol., T. II, p. 26.